My first words after trying these margaritas was “It tastes like I’m on a cruise.” And that, my friend, is high praise.
Before our daughter was born, my husband and I would go on cruises every spring. Then we had a baby in spring of 2018, I wasn’t ready to leave her in spring of 2019, and 2020 was 2020. Needless to say, we are ready to go on another one. Until then, I’ll be drinking these in the hot Iowa sun and pretending I’m in the Caribbean.
Alex is the bartender in our house and this recipe is based off of his margaritas.
Frozen mango makes the perfect base for a blended cocktail, because it’s sweet and blends up super smooth, but the real star here is the tajín on the rim. It’s salty, spicy, and has a little kick of lime. I don’t love to buy spice blends, because my spice cabinet is pretty small, but I’ll make room for this one for sure.
If you’ve used tajín, what’s your favorite food to pair it with?
Mango Tajin Margaritas
- 12 ounces limeade concentrate thawed
- 12 ounces water
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounces agave nectar
- Juice of one lime optional
- 2 cups Frozen mango
- Tajín Clásico Seasoning for the rim
- 1 lime cut into wedges for serving
- Combine all margarita ingredients in a blend and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust to your preferences. Serve in a glass with Tajín Clásico Seasoning on the rim and a lime wedge.